Skip to content
- 1/2 large eggplant, sliced (we eat about four slices each, so 1 eggplant makes two meals for us)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- olive or coconut oil (or the fry oil of your choice)
- Heat your oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Mix almond flour, grated parmesan cheese, and dried oregano in a shallow bowl (cereal bowl works well).
- Whisk eggs in a second shallow bowl.
- Peel your eggplant.
- Slice the eggplant in ~1/2 inch thick disks
- Dredge eggplant slices (one at a time) through the egg mixture, then the breadcrumb mixture and place on a plate.
- Place all eggplant slices in the hot oil and cook until golden on one side. Flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Salt immediately, while the slices still appear wet with oil, to taste.
- Serve with pizza sauce (recipe here) or the marinara of your choice.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: